Quincy’s City-Wide Cleanup has Been Scheduled
It's time to gather up all that junk you have been wanting to get rid of as the City of Quincy, despite the current pandemic, will again conduct the annual City-Wide Cleanup.
This year's collection will be held on September 26, from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. The City of Quincy offers this annual event to assist Quincy residents only in disposing of unwanted items that are not typically collected with weekly residential service. This year's event will once again take place at the lot on Front Street and Payson Avenue.
Listed below is everything you need to know about this year’s collection:
- Start time is 6:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. (You must be through the intersection of 4th and Payson by 4:00 p.m. or you will be turned away.) If you are planning on bringing multiple loads it is important to be as early as possible with your 1st load.
- Line up for Cleanup will be on Payson Ave.
- Have your ID ready at 4th & Payson as you will need to be a QUINCY RESIDENT to proceed.
- No Commercial Haulers will be allowed into the Cleanup.
- Trucks with trailers will be directed to use the far left lane.
- BRING HELP TO UNLOAD.
- NO Electronics (TV’s/Computers, etc.)
- NO Tires.
- NO Yard Waste
- NO Liquids (Oil/Fuel/Paint, etc.)
- Due to State and Federal Regulations, any appliance, which contains refrigerants (refrigerators, air conditioners and dehumidifiers) MUST HAVE A STICKER PLACED ON IT certifying that the refrigerant has been properly reclaimed.
More details on the City-Wide Cleanup can be seen at the city's website of www.quincyil.gov or you can call 217-228-4520.