Free Skin Cancer Screenings in NEMO
In the last several decades, more people have been diagnosed with some form of skin cancer than all other cancers combined. In fact, each year, nearly five million people are treated for skin cancer in the United States.
Starting Friday, April 9 and running through June 10, Hannibal Regional Medical Group is offering free skin cancer screenings in its northeast Missouri locations.
Dr. Schuyler Metlis with HRMG will be performing the screenings. Although they are free you do need to schedule appointment and space is limited. Here is the information you need to know:
- Hannibal: April 9 - 9:00 am - 11:00 am or 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm. April 28 - 9:00 am - 11:00 am or 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm. Call (573) 629-3500 to schedule.
- Shelbina: May 5th - 9:30 am - 11:00 am. Call (573) 588-4131 to schedule.
- Monroe City: May 5th - 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm. Call (573) 735-2506 to schedule.
- Louisiana: May 21st - 9:30 am - 11:00 am. Call (573) 754-5555 to schedule.
- Bowling Green: May 21st - 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm. Call (573) 324-2241 to schedule.
- Canton: June 10 - 9:30 am - 11:30 am. Call (573) 288-5360 to schedule.
Some risk factors for skin cancer include a lighter natural skin color, reddish hair, family history of skin cancer, history of indoor tanning, history of sunburns (especially early in life), and skin that burns, freckles, or reddens easily. “If you have any of these risk factors, you should see a doctor for a skin cancer screening at least once a year,” says Dr. Metlis . “Catching cancer early often allows for more treatment options, and if you have skin cancer, finding it early is the best way to make sure it can be treated with success.”
For more information, contact Hannibal Regional Medical Group.
KEEP READING: Here are the most popular baby names in every state