9 People Injured, 1 Killed in Missouri House Explosion Monday
The week began tragic for a neighborhood in Missouri where it's believed a faulty water heater may have caused a house to explode injuring 9 and killing 1.
KFVS reported that the home was located in the 500 block of Pecan Street in Wyatt, Missouri. Wyatt is in the southeastern part of the state. They report that at approximately 7am Monday morning, August 15, 2022, the home exploded. The home was destroyed and it also caused a nearby home to catch fire.
1 person is confirmed dead and 9 were injured including adults and one child as young as 6 months old. WSIL shared video of the structure after all of the injured were removed from the scene.
KFVS reported that fire departments from 3 different southeastern Missouri counties responded to this home explosion including New Madrid.
No names have been released as family are still in the process of being notified. No conditions have been reported as of this writing in regards to any of the injured that may have been treated and/or hospitalized. The name of the fatality in the blast has also not been released.
We'll update this story as new information is made available.